Terms & conditions
The terms and conditions under which we work for you are as follows. If you do not agree with any of the terms, or have any questions about them, please let us know.
1. JSC-Cardiff uses its own employees and suitably qualified independent contractors under authority from JSC-Cardiff to provide its services.
2. Independent contractors have no authority to incur liability on behalf of or to act as agent for JSC-Cardiff or any of their licensees.
3. Quotations given by us are valid for twenty-eight days from the date they are given. We may vary or withdraw any quotation at any time before it is accepted by you.
4. We will do our best to complete the work and provide the goods and materials for the quoted amount. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, we may incur additional costs above the quoted amount. In this event, we will let you know immediately and explain the reasons for the additional costs and ask you to accept an amended quote to cover the additional costs.
5. The price payable by you is the price stated as the Total Due on the quotation.
6. You will be invoiced immediately on completion of the work. The Total Due on the invoice is payable immediately unless prior agreement has been made. If you do not pay the Total Due on time you must pay an administration charge of £5 and interest will accrue on the outstanding amount at the prevailing rate plus 5% per annum until payment is received in full.
7. An administration charge of £10 is payable in respect of each cheque we present for payment that is dishonoured by your bank for whatever reason.
8. We will carry out work during our normal business hours which are 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday. We may be able to work outside our normal business hours at an additional charge.
9. Unless we are responsible for it, we will not include loss or damage to your property (including any cleaning needed) or any other type of loss. If access has to be made to your property to complete a repair, we will fill any holes and leave the surface level but will not replace the original surface or construction. Any redecoration or repair of damage that may be needed following our work is your responsibility, unless we have been negligent.
10. You must let us know of anything which may present a hazard or danger to anyone carrying out work in your property. You must also make sure that we have clear access to any relevant work areas and provide us with a supply of mains electricity and water. If we incur additional work or expense as a result of your failure to provide us with clear access, mains electricity and water, we may charge you for that additional work and/or expense.
11. We guarantee all parts and labour for 90 days from the date of completion of the work provided that our guarantee will not apply where faults are caused wholly or in part by your (or any other person's) misuse or neglect of those goods and materials or as a result of fair wear and tear. Any guarantee we offer does not affect your legal rights including those rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. You can get information about your rights from a Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Department.
12. We will not be responsible for our failure to meet any of our obligations under this agreement because of circumstances beyond our control.
13. If you are a tenant you will need your landlord's permission to allow us to carry out the work. If the property is a listed building you may require planning permission. In either case it is your responsibility to obtain any permission required for the work.
14. Notice of your Right to Cancel. You are entitled to cancel this agreement. If you wish to cancel, you MUST DO SO IN WRITING and deliver personally or send by recorded delivery or registered post to JSC-Cardiff at the address on the front of the quotation left behind by the engineer at any time WITHIN 7 DAYS starting from the date the agreement is signed. Notice of cancellation is deemed to have been served as soon as it is posted or sent to us or in the case of electronic communication, from the date it is sent to us.
15. We may cancel the agreement at any time by giving you written notice. If we cancel the agreement without good reason, we will pay you any reasonable costs you incur as a direct result of the cancellation.